Adding a call-to-action button to a Facebook Business Page
Calls to action (also known as CTA) can help drive Facebook users to take actions that are beneficial to your business (e.g., booking a reservation at your restaurant).
It doesn’t cost anything to add a CTA button to your page. Each reservation that results from the CTA button is billed at the same rate as covers seated from your website. When using the proper reservation link, you’ll be billed the same amount as covers seated from your website.
Adding a call-to-action-button to your page is simple:
1. Go to your page's cover photo, then select 'Create Call-to-Action'.
2. Choose your Call-to-Action. We recommend using the 'Book Now' option.
3. Enter the following URL, then replace the highlighted text below with your Restaurant ID: http://www.opentable.com/single.aspx?rid=1234&restref=1234&ref=10792
This URL will give you the discounted reservation rate, and also display as Facebook tracked in your reservations in your OpenTable reports.
4. Make sure you enter the same URL for both mobile options (iOS and Andriod).
5. Finish by clicking ‘Create’.
You can also add a reservation link to your wall posts, which will also show up in the Facebook feeds of the people who follow your page.
Here's how to add a reservation link to your wall posts
1. Enter your OpenTable account number (or RID) in the two yellow highlighted areas.
2. Copy and paste your above customized link into the URL box at http://www.bitly.com
3. Click Shorten. The shortened bit.ly link will appear below with the option to Customize or Copy. Select Copy.
4. Paste the link into your Facebook Status. Click Share. The link will then populate in the News Feeds of your fans and also appear on your Facebook Wall. We recommend posting this link in every status update.
Please note that Facebook is no longer supporting embedded applications.We strongly recommend continuing to post your OpenTable booking link in your Facebook posts.